Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Harry Potter Cover + Wolf's Rain Poster = Love

Ack! I haven't posted in forever! But I hope this makes up for it...






Yup! We finally have a new Harry Potter cover! Several, in fact, if you include the UK, but I love Mary Grandpre's illustrations a lot. (The German covers come a close second in being stylistically gorgeous and fun, IMO.)

Image courtesy of The Leaky Cauldron, and found via Digg.

::

This is old news to everyone but myself, but I still love it. We were at Tokyo's Anime House the other day (where I bought the bestest Death Note, accompanied with CD and feather, squee!), when a stunning wall scroll caught my eye. Now, don't get me wrong, I get why people collect and love wall scrolls, but in general they are not for me. I'm very picky about what can go up on my walls, and about poster design and what I will be subjecting my poor eyes to for years to come. Hence no scrolls. But this scroll was gorgeous, very Art Nouveau and well designed in spite of having to include a multitude of text and a logo title for a series. Yup, it was the Wolf's Rain poster! I didn't buy it, but was sorely tempted to. (Yeesh, another series I haven't watched yet and sorely need to. The list never ends.)

Anyway, poster is below. See the prettiness?

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger my left wisdom is smarting said...

nice, i really like this page. i'm always in support of fellow manga artists!

my deviantart is

sublimityeternal.deviantart.com

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Lizzabell said...

Hey thanks! I'll watch your blog and DA; we manga artists have to stick together. And you're a Taurus too? Awesomeness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home