Friday, April 21, 2006

My Work :: Part 5: AngstyBishy Sasuke


Well, that was quick, huh? I promised I'd get Sasuke done, and here it is, two days after the final sketch, and he is finished! It is an April miracle!

If you read the other AngstyBishy post, you know how I made him, for the most part. I did a few things different, though. This time I only drew with my Wacom the parts not already on the original AB (I will shorten AngstyBishy to AB from now on, as I will be typing it a lot.) Then I placed those into Illustrator and redrew them with the pen tool. Since my original AB is already made of a bunch of broken up shapes, all I had to do was take the original and add the new Sasuke bits, and delete the original bits I didn't need. Then I did my cheating color fill technique; I just drew quick shapes above all the lines, roughly matching the shapes I wanted filled in and in the colors I wanted, and sent those shapes to the back. I say this is cheating because I probably should have grouped my different pen lines together to make large shapes, then filled those in. But I chose the faster, messier way. I'll fix it later, but for now I'm fine with it. And for those of you who didn't understand a single thing I just said: don't worry, I will now stop talking designese and return to normal speech.

I like my Sasuke for the most part. The only problem I have with him is the eyes; they seem too close together. I mean, I know he is stylized so it is okay, and it was sort of on purpose, but in real anatomy there should be an eye's space between the two, and there so isn't. Oh well, I may just have to live with it for now.

What's next for AngstyBishy? I guess just pimping him around, though I am the worst at promoting my stuff and always have been. T-shirts of him up soon, hopefully. And I hope to get an AB fanart character up each week; I am looking at working on Ed or Inuyasha next. I've written up a whole list of the AB's I want to do, but what will I do once they are done? I'm hoping people actually send me requests for more AB's they would like to see, since my list really only consists of the AB's I know and love. And the equal opportunist in me would love to draw some AB girls, but the only two I can think of are Buttercup from PPG and the red-haired chick from NGE. Can anyone think of more? And Elicia wants me to make a whole series of characers for each anime in the same exact style; so even though guys like Shikamaru aren't really angsty by nature, I would draw them that way. (Actually I already sketched out an AB Shikamaru, and I have to admit he looks awesome.) If I did that I would definitely do one of the Naruto characters, and there are a couple of other series I am pondering as well.

I hope to maybe, if I can, get t-shirt designs submitted to CafePress this weekend or at the latest the end of next week, depending on my work/play schedule. They won't just accept Illustrator files, curse them! And all my t-shirt ideas, of course, are in Illustrator. So once I get that squared away I will send the files off. I may have to order one of each design just to be sure they print correctly, but wasn't I planning to do that ahyway? =) I mean, why make something I couldn't see myself wearing at some point? And I can always give them as gifts to friends (if they turn out right) if I don't want to keep them for myself. So hopefully the CafePress thing will be happening soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home