Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Work :: Part 10: AngstyBishy Wolverine and "Ai Heart Love" unleashed

Well, last week was a productive albeit stressful week, for both my day job and creative hobbies. I got a new AB and a t-shirt design up! Woo hoo.

:: Wolverine ::

As mentioned at DeviantArt, my friend really wanted me to do a version of Ultimate Wolverine, since she likes the AB's but is not a huge anime/manga fan (Her prefs are in the Star Trek and X-Men vein.) So I was happy to oblige.

Wolverine was done over Memorial Day Weekend. I printed of as many of the useful Ultimate pics as I could, and compiled them in my sketch. But I also did a version of Wolverine in his original costume, just for fun. It turned out okay, but the Ultimate costume is more like Hugh Jackman, and shows off the hair and face, therefore in my girlie mind is a MUCH better outfit. =) Mmmm, Hugh. Anyway, because we had gone away for the weekend, my sketches got misplaced in fracas, hence I did not get Wolverine done on time. (because of work and other involvements/distractions, I like to scan in the AB by Wed and start working on it then or Thursday, leaving final tweaks andd the uploading of the image for Friday. But the hols threw off my sched. Grrr. This week too even; I was planning to do Wolfram, but might push Howl up in the line since I already have a comp sketch of him done. Somewhere. (Sigh.) It's not laziness but disorganization, I swear. I will do my best to get Howl or Wolfram up tomorrow, but may have to push it to Sat. Next week will be back to normal.

As a bonus: because I pored over the Ultimate costume, like, a hundred times, I totally got the X-Men III movie's inside joke of Beast wearing Wolverine's ultimate costume. I never would have goten that otherwise, so yay for doing the AB! I felt so smart during the rest of the film. And, yes, I stayed 'till after the credits. What the? My brain is concocting reasons for how the ending even works, but I doubt I am correct. Oh well, I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone so enough said.

:: Ai Heart Love ::

Yay for this being up! I love it on the pink tees, but the white, while very boring, makes it look so clean and crisp. Here's what I wrote about it at DeviantArt:

::

The play on words came to me one night at a friend's house. It's a takeoff of the "I love New York" campaign by Milton Glaser, of course, but with a twist. I have such a wierd sense of humor that I don't know if anyone else will like it, but at least my sis and I enjoyed it.

I wanted it to look super clean and simple, thus the text only. I found two suitable fonts, one for the heart and one for the text, and outlined/colored those in Illustrator. My fastest and easiest t-shirt design by far.

I have the design on t-shirts and merch at my online shop, at Cafepress; click [link] to see them 'cause they turned out really nice."

::

And here's the description at CafePress:

::

"Let everyone know that you love love, Japanese, and a good sense of humor with your very own "Ai Heart Love" t-shirt."

::

That's all for now. Look for AB tomorrow! Sorry this AB description is late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home