Friday, July 07, 2006

A Lotta Booty to Replace the Bishie

After being so good last week and getting Light up on time, I feel like such a heel, as there will be no AB this week; the holiday and other things saw to that.

To make amends, I am posting awesome pirate links in honor of Pirates of the Caribbean coming out today!

I've already bought my tickets for a 6:30 pm showing tonight, and cannot wait! One of my coworkers is throwing a pirates party after work today, which she kindly invited me to, to my excitement. Maybe it's just a local thing, but her kids and my sister are dressing up for the movie; is anyone else around the country doing this? Elicia already has a pirate wench costume from the first movie, but she might change it a little. Any excuse to dress up for her. I will be borrowing her hello kitty piraqte shirt that says "it's all about the booty." So will be somewhat in the spirit of the evening. I have been eyeing a t-shirt at Hot Topic that has a POC emblem much like the theme park ride's illustrations, but may have to buy it online as is not in my size at the store. Too late to order it now, but I will wear it with pride when I see the third one.

Anyway, here are some choice links:

:: A guided tour of the new changes to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland, complete with pics of Depp admiring his animatronic alter ego.

:: Nice large pics of movie stills at Rotten Tomatoes. (Click any of the pics on the page to get a slideshow of them all. Love the one of Kiera Knightley on the ground in her dishevelled wedding dress.)

:: Kiera Knightley's reaction about seeing hte film with Orlando Bloom for the first time (which struck me as really funny for some reason.)

:: Johnny Depp's comments about the character of Captain Jack Sparrow.

:: Movie Mom's review of the film, mostly because of her awesome pirate links at the end. (Also check out the pics and clips at Yahoo! while you are there)

:: Featurette on the movie from Apple's movie trailer site.

:: An interesting article by Brandweek on the movie tie-ins, and a link to the arresting Volvo marketing campaign.

:: IMDB's page for the film.

:: Last but not least, the movie's own home page.

Anything else of note I forgot to link to I'll post later.

I honestly think this movie will be the hit of the summer, but of course that remains to be seen. Even if it disappointing, just seeing Depp on the big screen for two and a half hours will be enjoyment in itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home