Friday, December 01, 2006

My Work :: Part 22: AngstyBishy Yuki


Woot, it's been a month but I finally am back on track!

Yuki has been on my list from the very beginning as the perfect candidate for being Angsty Bishified. And yes, Kyo fangirls, I hear you screaming "But what about Kyoooooooo! Whya haven't you done hiiiiiiim? It's soooooo not fair!" Answer: I was hoping to surprise you guys by doing TWO in one week, to make up for my recent slackerness, but alas it was not to be. I only had time for one this week, and Yuki's sketch came out with less probs, ergo he got done first. Kyo will be up next week.

I also don't mind doing him first, for the simple reason that he is one of my fave characters in the Furubaverse. Which I get is bizarre, as it seems in my conversations with people that between the two characters they tend to gravitate to loving Kyo more than Yuki. Does anyone disagree with me that this is the case?

(Spoilerage of the HP and Furuba sort)

And while I usually can guess which characters will eventually be shipped canonically (sorry, Harry/Hermione shippers, it was obvious from the Chamber of Secrets book which way JKR was leaning; if you make a char look like the protagonist's dead mum he's gonna prob end up with that char, but keep hoping anyways), but from the first I shipped Yuki and Tohru together, and even though I figured out which way the shipping would end up, I still am curently rooting for Yuki in vain. I hear he finds someone special though (and NO Hatsuharu/Yuki shippers, you are foiled once more), so hopefully I can get on board with that when I get to that point in the story. I'm only in the forties chapter-wise, so I have a ways to go.

(End Spoilerage)

I think my loving Yuki more stems from maternal instinct; every time I see Yuki I want to scoop him up in my arms and tell him everything will be okay. I don't know, but he comes across to me as a much more fragile person than Kyo does. Kyo is more persecuted, sure, but he is much stronger internally and already I think he has made the bigger strides in growing and maturing. Both boys are horribly damaged, but at this point in the story I feel like while Kyo is making great strides, Yuki is still stunted in ways that Kyo will never be.

I think it is easy to mistake shyness for stuck-upness; I know this has beeen the case for me on many occasions, and I think it is a trait in Yuki that is misinterpreted by many people. Still waters run deep; under that facade of calm perfection seethes the heart of an angsty emo poster-child. Thus why he and Kyo were some of the first AB's I thumbnailed.

(Though when you come down to it, aren't most of the characters in Furuba angsty? Because of this I'm trying to be picky with which Furuba characters I do, so I don't end up doing them all, but I think the only other ones I would do would be Hiro and Akito; the rest aren't quite so angsty compared to these four characters.)

Still can't believe that I now, since Nov. 30th, live in a world where Furuba is completed! And cannot wait for her next work.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz-Chan. . . .
I love him, i LOVE him, i love HIM!

Now if I could just get the icon version--*nudge/wink*
*huggles*
You are awesome girl!
Melis'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home