Friday, September 15, 2006

My Work :: Part 15: AngstyBishy Soi Fon


I have to write this post really fast while I grab some lunch, because I have to get back to binding, stacking, and stuffing into envelopes 650 invitations for a university function. (The invites look fab, I'm so happy how they turned out, but punching two eyelets into each 2-page invite is time consuming.) Anyway, sorry to rant but writing about it makes me feel better.

On to the real topic at hand: I ACTUALLY HAVE A NEW ANGSTYBISHY UP! And it is of none other than Soi Fon (or Soi Fong if you prefer, but I think the former looks prettier), the talented shinigami who shows us the dangers of idol worshipping. Namely, if you take it too far and your idol deserts you, you too can morph into super-angsty mode upon their reunion, thus providing an exciting action scene for the viewers. And a literal cat fight.

I was worried that not doing these for a whole month would result in losing the process, but she was surprisingly fast to do. One hour researching and sketching, another hour to draw in Illustrator, and voila. I had to make a few alterations, like modifying her hair wraps and bangs and making her pants look less Hammer-esque and more like a shinigami's.

Man, if I can get the subsequent AB's churned out this fast, life will be sweet indeed. But compared to some of the others which I stressed over getting right, like Light for instance, Soi Fon's design is less complicated AngstyBishy wise. Plus while I like Soi Fon a lot, I could handle her turning out less perfect than the other AB's; I think that also helped speed-wise. Leeshee thinks I overthink them too much; I of course view it as being detail-oriented, not overthinking, but I do see where she is coming from.

I went to a great conference last week that covered very subject, perfectionism and how it can be evil if used incorrectly. =) Words I needed to hear. I will post my notes up next week if I have time.

::

Great news!!!!! I don't plan on posting again today in spite of there being so much news out there, but I have to share this. Apparently Tim Burton is going to be directing the next Killers video! It is entitled "Bones," and will have his stamp all over it and be very Corpse Bride-esque. It is Burton's first music vid, but whether that is from his own reticence and discretion or simply from no one ever asking him to direct a vid, I cannot say. Apparently they just called him up and asked if he'd be willing, and he said heck yes. (Okay, Burton is too cool to utter the words "heck yes," but you get my point, he was happy to do so. Here, here, and here are articles about the vid. I for one am super excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home